– COG 21 Competition results available here.
– Deadline extended! -> May 31st (Monday) 2021, at 23:59 (anytime in the world).
– The Dota2 5v5 AI Competition running at COG 2021 offers prizes for the 1st (500 USD) , 2nd (300 USD), and 3rd (200 USD) best submitted entries! Please check competition prizes below.
What’s Dota 2?
Dota 2 is a multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) video game developed and published by Valve. Dota 2 is free-to-play, and it’s available to download here:
Two 5-member teams, Radiant and Dire, fight each other on a symmetric map. Each team member is called a hero. There are 115 heroes, available either for Radiant or Dire (check the hero roster). You normally play online with other 9 players. Each player picks and plays one single hero.
What’s the competition about? Goals and rules
The Dota 2 5v5 framework let’s you develop, deploy, and run your own python program that controls the 5 heroes in the Radiant team, against the built-in AI.
The Dota 2 5v5 AI Competition challenges participants to code a bot that beats the Dire (destroys the Dire’s Ancient) in the shortest time possible!
- Your bot will play as the Radiant.
- You can freely choose 5 among all the available 115 heroes for your team.
- Your bot will face the built-in Dire AI in a standard Dota 2 5v5 match. The heroes in the Dire team will be randomly chosen among the remaining heroes.
- The winner will be the fastest bot at destroying the Dire’s Ancient. The framework saves the time elapsed from the match start to the Ancient’s destruction event, which will determine the competition winner.
The courier is not available due to current limitations of the framework. Items need to be purchased directly from the shops.
Submitting your entry to the competition
When you are ready, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following format:
- Include [Dota2Competition] in the subject, plus your bot’s name. E.g. [Dota2Competition] SuperSampleBot
- the source file (or files) implementing your bot.
- a PDF where you describe the designed strategy and its implementing algorithm. There’s no restricted format for this file.
- In the email body, include:
- The bot’s name.
- Full name(s), affiliation(s), and contact info of the author(s).
- If you submit more than one source file, clearly indicate which one is the main one. Notice that all files will be placed inside the “bots” folder. Do not create subfolders.
Submit your entry before May 31st (Monday) 2021, at 23:59 (anytime in the world).
Prizes for the 2021 COG competition
The Dota2 5v5 AI Competition running at COG 2021 offers the following prizes for the winning entrants:
- 1st prize: 500 USD,
- 2nd prize: 300 USD
- 3rd prize: 200 USD
These prizes are sponsored by the IEEE CIS Competitions Sub-Committee.
Prizes are awarded to entrants. A competition entrant is a team of individuals that supplies a competition entry. Individuals may only belong to a single team. A competition entry is a single valid submission to the Dota2 5v5 AI competition. Each entrant may only win at most a single prize.
In order for any prize to be awarded it is necessary for the entry to surpass a minimum quality threshold, which will be determined by the competition organizers.
Ok, where do I go from here?
Read the setup guide:
Go through our intro tutorial to the Dota 2 5v5 Framework:
Follow our tips to design a good strategy in Dota 2!
Github project: https://github.com/ellakk/5v5dota2ai-framework